Seven Months


I kind of think I am bigger than last time?
I was complaining the other day to my mom about all the comments I get about how big I am and *gasp* the baby isn't due till January? She laughed and said, "You're just like me. People would ask me if I was having twins."
Well, I'm glad I haven't got that one yet!
It's tiring sometimes, when everyone (women and men) feels the need to ooh and ahh or comment and gasp, inquire if its my first, comment on child spacing or my size or ask the baby's gender . . . Every baby born is a sign of hope for the world and so I try to be okay if they look and comment, even if it is insensitive sometimes. The world is starved for babies and it's good if I share mine with them for a little bit.

Comments

Little Things said…
You look absolutely beautiful! Adorable little tummy!
I agree with Jess, you are beautiful! One of those women you wouldn't even be able to tell was pregnant unless you saw the belly :) I carried bigger too with each pregnancy. I think it's something to do with those muscles being stretched previously :) i hate those comments asking when I'm due and what it is. Some stranger seriously scolded me b/c we'd found out the gender!!!
M. T. said…
Thank you!
Strangers are always looking shocked that I didn't find out the sex, like its something that everybody does so how could you not?
:) People are funny.
Elizabeth said…
Good post! I was just talking to David about this yesterday. I guess I'm big enough now that I am to be "pitied" and looked at strange. And for some reason "you're gonna have your hands full!" is supposed to be a compliment or helpful in someway?? Urgh to people. And you do look lovely and beautifu!!
Lucy said…
You look gorgeous. Each baby is indeed a gift to the world, and you are generous to share that gift with others. As a woman who has never been pregnant and whose children grew in the bellies of women who could not love them and keep them safe before or after birth, I cannot tell you how beautiful a happy, loving pregnant mama is in my eyes. Many blessings.