Seven Quick Takes, vol 3
#1.Well, I have been ushered into my third trimester with a vengeance.
Literally, the day I crossed the six-month mark, lower back and hip pain set in. That first day, I could barely lift Rosebud, bend over or even walk. Thankfully, it has been a bit better since then. But still as every night it gets harder to sleep and every day harder to manoveur, and I remember that the 30 week mark was about when I wanted out last time, I'm wondering whether that sentiment will soon win out over the "I'm-so-terrified-of-having-three-kids" sentiment . . .
#2.
Speaking of harder to manoveur, I have started inwardly swearing every time I try and squeeze through my bathroom door. I have to turn sideways and suck in my stomach or slowly slide my hips in at just the right angle to fit between the door and the sink. Is this going to a be a problem, you think??
#3.
This week we finally went and got some pumpkins. The girls were SO excited and we had alot of fun. Turtle selected her pumpkin with great care and is waiting anxiously for Daddy to "make the pumpkin" (carve it) with her. Rosebud keeps talking about the "puunkeeen paach" and thinking her pumpkin is a ball to bounce, even though I keep telling her "No dropping or it will break." She looks at me, smiles and says "Noooo dopping!"
And then she drops it.

#4.
I am so excited about the painting easel that I got for the girls! I saw it late one night on the curb with the trash in a neighborhood near us. I made my husband get out of the car and grab it despite his protests. Its a bit rickety, because its hinges need some tightening and one of the trays detaches easily. Also it had permanent marker scribbled ALL over it, but I cleaned it up and am painting it now to cover all the scribbles. One of the sides is a chalkboard and the other is a whiteboard for dry erase markers. But I am just thinking how fun it will be for the girls to paint at it! And it was FREE! :)
#5.
This week, finally I converted an apron I had into one for Turtle, after months of having it on my to-do list.
The apron was an impulse buy at Target one day, but who really uses an apron only to cover them from their waist down?? That is definitely not my problem area while cooking. :) And Turtle's littler apron has gone to Rosebud. So, I shortened the apron strings and used them to make bands over her shoulders. Now she has a new cute baking apron!
#6.
Yesterday was a beautiful day!
After a long morning of horrible squabbling inside the girls played so well together outside. They played hide and seek (they can finally do it properly together and it is SO cute!). They also went into their "tent" in the crepe myrtle and "did tricks" on the branches.
They collected "food" to make "dinner" over a "fire."
Rosebud also tried the classic kid experiment of running with big sticks.
And, of course, also quite classically, got a "boo-boo" to show for it.
Now she is very stressed about her bandaid ALWAYS being situated just so and never even starting to peel up a bit. It's really funny.
#7.
There are some days a woman just needs some flowers and chocolate. Today has been one of those days. So, on my trip to the store to get diapers, I got me some.
Isn't that happy?

Happy Friday! Visit Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes.
And then she drops it.
#4.
I am so excited about the painting easel that I got for the girls! I saw it late one night on the curb with the trash in a neighborhood near us. I made my husband get out of the car and grab it despite his protests. Its a bit rickety, because its hinges need some tightening and one of the trays detaches easily. Also it had permanent marker scribbled ALL over it, but I cleaned it up and am painting it now to cover all the scribbles. One of the sides is a chalkboard and the other is a whiteboard for dry erase markers. But I am just thinking how fun it will be for the girls to paint at it! And it was FREE! :)
#5.
This week, finally I converted an apron I had into one for Turtle, after months of having it on my to-do list.
The apron was an impulse buy at Target one day, but who really uses an apron only to cover them from their waist down?? That is definitely not my problem area while cooking. :) And Turtle's littler apron has gone to Rosebud. So, I shortened the apron strings and used them to make bands over her shoulders. Now she has a new cute baking apron!
#6.
Yesterday was a beautiful day!
After a long morning of horrible squabbling inside the girls played so well together outside. They played hide and seek (they can finally do it properly together and it is SO cute!). They also went into their "tent" in the crepe myrtle and "did tricks" on the branches.
Rosebud also tried the classic kid experiment of running with big sticks.
#7.
There are some days a woman just needs some flowers and chocolate. Today has been one of those days. So, on my trip to the store to get diapers, I got me some.
Isn't that happy?
Happy Friday! Visit Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes.
Comments
TONS of cool Mommy points for the apron!!! I need to learn to sew...
Yay! Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about flowers! I love to get some every few months as a special treat for myself ;)