Small Successes #13


1. I sucessfully and calmly dealt with the temper tantrum of the century yesterday from my 3 year old. There have been so many, many tantrums from her recently and sometimes I think I am dealing with them less and less well because I am just so tired of them. But this one particular big one went well (at least, as well as can be expected from tantrums). :)
*********************
2. I didn't get upset with my husband this morning when I found that he had pulled an all-nighter for work last night.
That took some self-control! :)
See, I can't stand it when he does this because today he will come home from work at 5pm and go immediately to bed for the night leaving me to do the dinner and evening routine alone. I have done it alone for the past two evenings because he's been working late, so I'm tired. Hopefully, I can stay patient about another evening and dinner without him.
I am thankful for the work that he has and how hard he tries to support our family.
*****************
3. I talked to my mom on the phone yesterday. A nice long talk. It was dinnertime and the girls were fussy and my husband was calling on the other line, but only life or death was going to get me off the phone with her! :) I've missed her so much. I have been feeling like I don't have a mother these days because she has been SO busy for the past 2 months with the Montessori Children's Center that she runs.
******************
So, I think these successes might be a little lame; "I didn't do" kind of successes, rather than "I did do," but that's kind of indicative of how my whole week is going. :) See other (better!) Small Successes at Faith and Family Live!

Comments

Gae said…
Temper tantrums can be hard . No sooner do you think they are gone and another can come along. Patience is very hard with this one ...I know.
God Bless
Mama2primus said…
I would say that often not doing something, such as getting angry or frustrated, is worth more, esp. to our families, than a bunch of little things we did do!
Husbands working late is sooo little fun too! Take care.
JJ's Mom said…
I personally think these were great successes....not losing your temper (twice!) - I find that super impressive. My husband often travels for work, so my sympathy goes out to you in regards to the evening routine being left to you. I really look forward to my son's bath time when my husband is here--it's my little escape when he takes bath duty.
Heather said…
What are you talking about? These are great! Good for you! And I'm glad you finally got to talk to your mom. :)
Kelly said…
These are great successes!! You should be very proud of yourself. It takes A LOT of self control to keep your patience when your toddler throws a fit and keeping quiet for your husbands sake is a supreme act of love on your part. I know, I've been there and understand exactly what you are saying. Sometimes our husbands are the only ones that provide us with adult conversation in our day and when we don't have that time with them it is very hard. God love you. And I'm very happy to hear that you were able to have that conversation with your mother. That is precious time. My own mother and maternal grandmother(second mother to me) have both passed away and I feel it heavily. I miss them and the support that they would have given everyday.

Thank you for sharing your successes with us and may God bless the rest of your week.