Cute Moments From This Morning
Turtle has a family of plastic frogs. They are named, very originally, the Daddy Frog, the Mommy Frog, the Turtle Frog, the Rosebud Frog and the Baby Frog. This morning she was playing with them on our bed.
Turtle Frog: "Mommy Frog, Mommy Frog, c'mere! C'mere and be with me!"
Mommy Frog: "I can't. I have another baby in my tummy, so I can't. Ask the Daddy Frog."
Turtle Frog: " Okay. Daddy Frog, c'mere!"
Daddy Frog: "Okay, I will help you."
Me, thinking and smiling to myself, Hmm, I wonder if I play the pregnancy card too frequently around here?
******************
Rosebud has entered the Getting Dressed "By Self!" Stage. A good portion of the morning is spent in various stages of dress and undress with articles of clothing -- particularly pants -- in multiple positions on her body. In order to minimize frustration and also to stop her from making many face plants onto the floor, I have showed her how both her feet must "say peekaboo!" before she can stand up.
This morning she is sitting on the kitchen floor trying to put a second pair of pants on over top of her first pair. Her legs are actually in their respective leg holes, but her toes are still covered around about the knee area of the pants.
She stops, sits up straight, looks at her covered legs and says coaxingly, over and over: "Wheeeere toes? C'mon, toes! C'mon, toooes! C'mon, toes!"
Turtle Frog: "Mommy Frog, Mommy Frog, c'mere! C'mere and be with me!"
Mommy Frog: "I can't. I have another baby in my tummy, so I can't. Ask the Daddy Frog."
Turtle Frog: " Okay. Daddy Frog, c'mere!"
Daddy Frog: "Okay, I will help you."
Me, thinking and smiling to myself, Hmm, I wonder if I play the pregnancy card too frequently around here?
******************
Rosebud has entered the Getting Dressed "By Self!" Stage. A good portion of the morning is spent in various stages of dress and undress with articles of clothing -- particularly pants -- in multiple positions on her body. In order to minimize frustration and also to stop her from making many face plants onto the floor, I have showed her how both her feet must "say peekaboo!" before she can stand up.
This morning she is sitting on the kitchen floor trying to put a second pair of pants on over top of her first pair. Her legs are actually in their respective leg holes, but her toes are still covered around about the knee area of the pants.
She stops, sits up straight, looks at her covered legs and says coaxingly, over and over: "Wheeeere toes? C'mon, toes! C'mon, toooes! C'mon, toes!"
Comments