Slow Down

Many days recently, when I'm feeling overworked, all I want is for the girls to get bigger. I find myself looking forward to the day when Turtle can make her own sandwich without a huge mess, buckle herself into her carseat, and wipe her own bottom. I can't wait for Rosebud to go to the potty on her own, put on her own shoes and hang up her own pajamas.


Today Rosebud saw a bunny rabbit. She looked at me, wrinkled up her little nose, sniffed and said "munny!"


And in that moment, in the sunshine, looking at her bright smiling face, I wanted her to stay just like she is always and forever.


One day, she won't call a rabbit a "munny" any more. One day she won't be in pigtails any more. And I will miss these days so much it will hurt.


They really are growing up before my eyes. Why, oh why, would I wish the time away? I've changed my mind, little girls -- please don't ever, ever grow up!

Comments