Rosebud Wears Me Out

7:15am -- She has peed through her diaper all over the bed.

7:30 -- I change her sheets

7:50 -- She demands to get back in her bed with Turtle to play with their "softies" (sheepskins) and dolls. She's in underwear. I wonder briefly if this is a good idea.

7:55 -- She pees in her bed again.

8:00 -- I strip her bed. There aren't any more clean sheets, so . . .

8:05 -- I start a load of laundry

8:10 -- I get her clean underwear

8:20 -- She wants to wash her hands. She gets her clothes soaking wet.

8:30 -- I change her into dry clothes.

8:40 -- Breakfast-time. She twice dumps a glass of berry smoothie everywhere.

9:00 -- She poops in her underwear.

9:01 -- I clean her up, rinse out her underwear and get her clean pants.

9:15 -- She commences throwing marbles -- about 20 -- all over the room. They scatter and roll EVERY.WHERE.

9:16 -- We pick them up, one by one. 5 are missing. Who cares. The marbles get taken away.

9:25 -- She climbing on the dining room table and stars wrecking Turtle's puzzles. I remove her. Three times.

9:55 -- She asks for the work that involves spooning split peas. Why didn't I know better?

9:56 -- As she starts, she pees on the chair, and the floor.

9:57 -- She carries her underwear to the pail, and I make her wipe the floor with me. She gets her fourth pair of undwear for the day.

10:00 -- She starts spooning again.

10:01 -- The split peas get dumped onto the tray.

10:02 -- The split peas get dumped onto the table.

10:03 -- She gets a broom and dustpan and sweeps the peas to the floor.

10:04 -- I help her sweep them from the floor to the dustpan. On the way to the trash can, they all slide off the dustpan onto the floor.

10:05 -- I make her leave and I finish sweeping by myself.

10:07 -- She's climbing on the windowsill poking at a sluggish fly.

10:08 -- I remove said fly, plus two dead others she has discovered by the screens of the open windows.

10:09 -- I put a movie on because I need a break. :) Ahhhhh . . .

Some days are so difficult, you almost just have to laugh at your life or you would go crazy. . . and then you have to blog about those days so that other people can laugh at your life too.

Happy Wednesday, everybody! :)

Comments

Heather said…
Definitely laughing at your life. :) What a day....errr...morning!
Mama Manak said…
I REALLY needed to read this tonight! I had one of these days today...Kids went to bed at 7:30! LOL