Monday Morning, 8:30am

Upon starting out for a walk at 6:30, I discover that my dress shoes left a blister on my heel that renders it impossible to continue in any footwear besides flip-flops. So frustrating, considering I actually dragged myself out of bed to do this.

I return home, thinking maybe I'll grab a bit of spiritual reading time. But no, the girls are up. And they're energetic too. . . .

Rosebud's new favorite activity is standing on a chair in the kitchen letting the water dispenser on the counter (of non-tap, drinking water) run and run and run, till someone notices the huge puddle. I clean that up.

Getting a box of blocks out of the closet for the girls, the bottom gives way and heavy blocks fall on my feet, cutting my toes.

Rosebud decides to put her head down into the pee she has just made on the floor, requiring her to have a bath and a hair wash. (And no, I have never before washed pee out of a child's hair either, thank you.)

I slip in the aforementioned pee, which has turned into a REALLY big puddle, as I am turning to tell Turtle not to do that very thing.

I discover that my 14 week appt is not in fact on Tuesday, but on Thursday, making whether my husband can come or not move from a "yes" to a "possibly" (which is how he says no when he's trying to put off disappointing me).

Can I start this day over again?

I think I need some chocolate.

Comments

Heather said…
I'm sorry that I got a little chuckle over this - it's always funnier when you write it down for some reason. And I'm so sorry your day started off this way! Definitely get some chocolate. It's good for the baby, anyways, LOL.
Oh hang in there, dearie! I so wish I lived closer to watch your littles for you spur of the moment :) Is it bad I wondered what you said when the blocks fell? ;) You are such a good Mommy!
emptee A said…
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH CHOCOLATE!!!!!! :) I hope you found some.
M. T. said…
Well now, Laura, what would YOU have said??? ;)