Little Developments
Baby #3 and Mommy are, for sure. I feel like I have a 4 month pregnant belly instead of a 3 month one -- how it is, I suppose, the more you have. But according to the midwives, the baby is right where it should be at 15 weeks, with a cute little swishing heartbeat. :)
A lot of other growth is happening here, too. It is reminding me how quickly children change and how quickly they move from one to another milestone of knowledge or skill. It is so bittersweet. Every day they are a little bit different, and little bit more of some new older self and less of their younger self.
- can buckle her sandals. Her new pair of sandals is the kind with a real buckle, not just velcro, and it takes a loonnng time, but she can do it!
- recognizes the letter "t" that starts her name. I just ordered a used set of sandpaper letters on ebay and she is so excited. I have given her a lesson on "s," "t" and "r" and she is eager for more -- "ALL the letters, Mommy!" - but I don't want to rush in case she gets confused . . . and discouraged, for she is prone to that.
- can correctly count a group of things up to twenty-ish, without skipping any (or just one or two :)
- doesn't need a nap any more. Most days she just has a 2 hour quiet time. Sometimes she sleeps, but if she does bedtime is very late . . .
- can pump on the "big swings" -- she just needs one big push to get her started.
Rosebud:
- can open every door in the house
- can say two word sentences, like "fik it" (fix it), or "bic side" (big slide) or "my work."
- can do puzzles -- she can't exactly hold her attention on them to finish putting all the pieces in, but she can do it.
- can use the scooter -- its SO cute! She pushes along reeeally slowly with her little foot for about 2 yards and then she quits. (Rosebud is not the type for endurance in one area :)
- has finally, finally, finally got the idea about putting her pee in the potty! I'm SO happy. It's been almost three months of plodding along and her not really getting it. Now, she knows what to do when she sits and that makes ALL the difference. Progress has been made, yay!
(Waving goodbye to Daddy in the morning)
Thank you God for my two girls. I am lucky to be their mommy!
Comments
Your job is so imperative and incredible.
Keep up the awesome work!!