SO Thankful
Turtle has a new dolly.
She had one before, the old one that was my mother's and then mine. She loved her for a little while.
But then, Rosebud got a new one for her first birthday. A beautiful one with a soft body and delicate coloring.
For six months, Turtle has been in love with that dolly. She has negotiated, stolen, snatched, pleaded and distracted Rosebud all to get to play with this dolly. When I asked her why she didn't play with her own doll she said, "She doesn't wiggle-waggle. I can't snuggle her."
As Rosebud has gotten older it has become harder for Turtle, as Rosebud is always snatching/screaming/trying to get the doll back. Mommy has done alot of talking with Turtle about the "first dibs" right of ownership and the difficulty of sharing and only having short turns.
So, yesterday, Turtle finally got her feast day present, for the feast of her middle name saint that we missed while we were on vacation.
It was a "wiggle-waggle" dolly, just like Rosebud's.
She is SO happy.
When we were singing our "Thank You, Lord" song that we sing every night , Turtle sang,
"Thank you Lord, for giving us: Baby Catherine dolly (that's her new dolly's name, after her brand new cousin)
Thank you Lord, for giving us: I don't have to share any more
Thank you Lord for giving us: I can have her for a long, long time
Right where we are."
She is a very, very thankful and happy little girl.
(And Mommy is thankful too!)
She had one before, the old one that was my mother's and then mine. She loved her for a little while.
But then, Rosebud got a new one for her first birthday. A beautiful one with a soft body and delicate coloring.
For six months, Turtle has been in love with that dolly. She has negotiated, stolen, snatched, pleaded and distracted Rosebud all to get to play with this dolly. When I asked her why she didn't play with her own doll she said, "She doesn't wiggle-waggle. I can't snuggle her."
As Rosebud has gotten older it has become harder for Turtle, as Rosebud is always snatching/screaming/trying to get the doll back. Mommy has done alot of talking with Turtle about the "first dibs" right of ownership and the difficulty of sharing and only having short turns.
So, yesterday, Turtle finally got her feast day present, for the feast of her middle name saint that we missed while we were on vacation.
It was a "wiggle-waggle" dolly, just like Rosebud's.
She is SO happy.
When we were singing our "Thank You, Lord" song that we sing every night , Turtle sang,
"Thank you Lord, for giving us: Baby Catherine dolly (that's her new dolly's name, after her brand new cousin)
Thank you Lord, for giving us: I don't have to share any more
Thank you Lord for giving us: I can have her for a long, long time
Right where we are."
She is a very, very thankful and happy little girl.
(And Mommy is thankful too!)
Comments