This is Nuts
I don't get my children vaccinated.
I believe that I never will.
Our pediatrician where we lived before was never happy with it. The nurses in the hospital weren't either. I know it's their "job" to make sure we all follow the system properly, so I don't expect anything different from them.
But when the insurance company we used when Rosebud was born, (and, incidentally, cancelled over a year ago) sends me a letter about my child's vaccination schedule, I get angry.
"We all want our children to grow up healthy," they say. "It is possible that your child may have missed one or more routinely recommended vaccine shots. We encourage you to call your child's doctor to verify that all your child's immunizations are up to date. . . . It is important that children receive the recommended immunizations on time . . . [they] have been proven to play a crucial role in keeping children healthy. . . and have saved thousands of lives."
Excuse me?
Since when is it an insurance company's business to keep tabs on my child's vaccination schedule?
Aren't I saving them money anyway, by not placing claims for them to pay for each of these expensive shots? Maybe they are afraid my kid might cost them more if she gets sick -- as they're sure she will if I don't immunize her? They're not really concerned with my child's welfare, like they claim they are, with all this talk of "saving lives," "healthy childhoods" and "protection from devastating effects."
Why is a supposedly (at least for now) "private" company give two shakes about my family's decisions?
What are they going to do to me if I continue to miss my child's vaccination dates -- consider families like us "higher-risk" and raise the rates because we are not "protected" by an immunization?
I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised.
I wish I could say to the nosy and invasive "Associations" and "Medical Directors" the same thing I wish I could have said to the woman who sees me carrying my coughing baby to the back of the church, follows me and, after informing me that she is a "nurse practitioner," proceeds to ask me with concern how my daughter is, and then what her coughing patterns are and how long she's been like this.
Bug off, people.
Get your noses out of my business and get a life.
I believe that I never will.
Our pediatrician where we lived before was never happy with it. The nurses in the hospital weren't either. I know it's their "job" to make sure we all follow the system properly, so I don't expect anything different from them.
But when the insurance company we used when Rosebud was born, (and, incidentally, cancelled over a year ago) sends me a letter about my child's vaccination schedule, I get angry.
"We all want our children to grow up healthy," they say. "It is possible that your child may have missed one or more routinely recommended vaccine shots. We encourage you to call your child's doctor to verify that all your child's immunizations are up to date. . . . It is important that children receive the recommended immunizations on time . . . [they] have been proven to play a crucial role in keeping children healthy. . . and have saved thousands of lives."
Excuse me?
Since when is it an insurance company's business to keep tabs on my child's vaccination schedule?
Aren't I saving them money anyway, by not placing claims for them to pay for each of these expensive shots? Maybe they are afraid my kid might cost them more if she gets sick -- as they're sure she will if I don't immunize her? They're not really concerned with my child's welfare, like they claim they are, with all this talk of "saving lives," "healthy childhoods" and "protection from devastating effects."
Why is a supposedly (at least for now) "private" company give two shakes about my family's decisions?
What are they going to do to me if I continue to miss my child's vaccination dates -- consider families like us "higher-risk" and raise the rates because we are not "protected" by an immunization?
I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised.
I wish I could say to the nosy and invasive "Associations" and "Medical Directors" the same thing I wish I could have said to the woman who sees me carrying my coughing baby to the back of the church, follows me and, after informing me that she is a "nurse practitioner," proceeds to ask me with concern how my daughter is, and then what her coughing patterns are and how long she's been like this.
Bug off, people.
Get your noses out of my business and get a life.
Comments
http://www.cogforlife.org/
Click on the "vaccine sources" on the left. It depends on the brand and the line in many cases.
"Therefore, it is ethically acceptable to use such vaccines if:
1. There is no alternative vaccine,
2. There is a threat to health that is diminished by the vaccines and
3. Those using the vaccines make their reservations known to the vaccine manufactures and request that they develop replacement vaccines using cell lines or media that are not morally tainted."
I don't agree with this, myself, but I can forward this article to anyone who would like me to. It does have alot of info about the immoral cell lines.
The NVIC has good info on exemptions: http://www.nvic.org/informed-consent.aspx but I think there is a better one; I can't seem to find it, though. Maybe I can dig it up and post it on my blog!