May is Here


FOR TODAY: May 4, 2009

Outside My Window . . .
It's dark out now. The sky is that weird pinkish gray that it always is because of the city lights.


I am thinking . . .
of this reflection. It makes me cry.

I am thankful for . . .
my dear husband. He was as happy as a little puppy dog when I said it was okay that he went to a bar to watch the hockey game tonight. I'm happy when he's happy. :) (But part of me still thinks it would be nice for his team to be eliminated from the playoffs so I can get a little break from trying to be excited about this save or that goal or whatever. . . And we can have our evenings back . . . )

From the kitchen . . .
oatmeal is soaking for the morning. I always thought soaking oatmeal overnight in water and buttermilk would taste weird, but I actually love it -- it tastes way better than regular oatmeal.
Update on our kitchen mouse: He's caught! Yay. We did come home from camping to the smell of rotten mouse, but I'm happy to not be wiping up its poop any more!

I am wearing . . .
jeans, sneakers, a blue t-shirt . . .totally boring
I am creating . . .
a menu plan for the next two weeks.

I am going . . .
to bed soon, hopefully!

I am reading . . .
nothing right now. I have a desire to re-read E.M. Forster's Room With A View though.
I am hoping . . .
for peace.
I am hearing . . .
the sound of my keyboard typing :)

Around the house . . .
things are dusted, swept and mopped!
But laundry, hmm, not going so good . . .
One of my favorite things . . .
my mom visiting :)
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week:
grocery shopping, a visit to the library, a daytrip home on Thursday, no less than 3 softball games for my husband's team -- though hopefully some will be cancelled from all the rain

Here is a picture thought I am sharing . . .

Turtle's first black eye. (She ran into a door jam.) Isn't it a beauty? ;)

Comments

emptee A said…
Oh ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous said…
Where's CPS when you need them? Just kidding.
M. T. said…
I know! All sorts of ppl ask what happened to her eye and I feel like saying, "don't worry, i'm not a child abuser." :) :)