Springtime
When we moved here from the country, I asked God if He could find me a "place" where I could go and feel like we were away from the city, somewhere close by to our new home. I thanked Him for it as soon as I asked, trying to find confidence that it was possible. A few months later He found it for us.







It's not quite the country. The "stream" is mostly rain run-off from the streets and so it smells a bit and its cloudy water sometimes contains pieces of trash. The "woods" are kind of landscaped with bulbs strategically planted here and there. It isn't secluded -- in fact it is quite frequented by dogs, bikers, runners and strollers. But it is still a sight for these weary eyes on a bright spring morning, when everything looks beautiful. There is green and gold and blue, the sound of water and rustling leaves. And it's short trails and bridges and its flowers, mud and rocks are enough to thrill my small girls. I am thankful for this gift.
Comments