Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY: April 20, 2009
Outside My Window . . .
Gray, wet skies and green, green leaves and grass. April showers bring May flowers, right?
I am thinking . . .
of Slumdog Millionaire -- the movie we watched last night. We really liked it and it's the kind of movie you think about the next day too. I'm so glad out Lenten movie fast is over!

I am thankful for . . .
a beautiful weekend!
From the kitchen . . .
ANTS everywhere! We had ants all over the counters and in the kitchen cabinets in our other house too, and I remember when we moved here that was one of the positive things I made myself happy about -- no more ants on the counters! But guess where they are this spring? You guessed it. The counters.
They get in closed cookie tins, in water glasses, in the butter dish, on washcloths. It's nasty.
Oh, and also? That mouse we've had traps out for for two weeks? He's not buying it. He poops all over all around the traps, but isn't getting caught.
I am wearing . . .
black shirt, aqua sweater, jeans and bare feet.

I am creating . . .
a painted bookshelf.
It's not bare wood anymore but a kind of a bright springish green. I'm not crazy about it, but it'll grow on me. I'm too lazy to paint it again. It took me three whole days, after all. . . . :)
I am going . . .
to watch a movie this rainy afternoon . . . if my sick baby sleeps well . . .
I am reading . . .
The Kite Runner. It's awesome. It's five days overdue from the library but I'm not returning it till I'm done!
I am hoping . . .
that I don't eat up all the cookies that I made yesterday too soon. :) I do have to save them from the ants though, you know.
I am hearing . . .
quiet!
Around the house . . .
5 loads of laundry done, 3 more to go.

One of my favorite things . . .
bluebells!
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week:
lots of prep for our camping trip this weekend. We are really excited!
Here are some picture thoughts I am sharing . . .






Comments

Shalon said…
We have a mouse evading traps as well right now. Have you tried glue traps? That's what we used last year on the farm. This wooden contraption we're trying now just doesn't seem to be working!
emptee A said…
I hope I can visit one of these days. Six more months left on this job.
emptee A said…
M.T. I love your pictures! I hope if I have children one day I can look nice and slim like you do.
Shalon said…
I'm interested in your take on Slumdog Millionaire. I watched it tonight and am not sure what I thought. I liked it, for sure, but I just don't know if I thought it was as great as everyone says. Maybe I'm just missing something . . .
M. T. said…
Oh, Shalon, my "take" isn't much. :) When I watched it I just thought it was fun and different and colorful. Silly me had no idea that there was all this hype and oscars or whatever about it. So I had NO expectations.