Silhouettes

TURTLE
ROSEBUD


For Christmas I made these silhouettes of the girls for my mother. I liked them so much that I didn't want to give them away. So I just finished making another set for our home.
I read about the idea for these silhouettes on this blog but ultimately the hat tip goes to Stephanie Nielson the crash survivor of the NieNie Dialogues.
Not, however, being a modern kind of girl, I used brown enamel paint instead of black and, after much searching, found oval, cameo portrait type frames for the silhouettes.
I took the side profile pictures when the girls were watching a movie and then printed them in a 5x7 size on cardstock. I cut each girl's head out, gave them two coats of enamel paint and then glued them to cream-colored, slightly textured drawing paper.
I think they turned out fairly well, though it was hard to get the head sizes to be proportionate to each other.

Comments

Elizabeth said…
how neat! I should commission you to do Augustine's!
I love them! I have been wanting to do them; once again you've inspired me! :)
Heather said…
I have so been wanting to do this as well! Such a cool idea. :)
Little Things said…
This is so beautiful! They would make a great Mother's Day gift!
one muse more said…
I love that idea!! :)