Holy Week Daybook



FOR TODAY: April 6, 2009
Outside My Window . . .
Gray storm clouds -- this has been a crazy day, mixing sun and rain.
I am thinking . . .
of which day we are going to get to Confession this week -- our church is so generous with many different times and days for Reconciliation.

I am thankful for . . .
"winning" a battle with Turtle today. I present her with alot of opportunities to make choices about things in her life, but sometimes she uses this "power" to stall, change her mind five times, and inconvienence others. From now on the first choice that she makes is the one she will be sticking with, like it or not. I'm praying for some sort of an aura of "inexorable-ness" on this as the child can fight with all her might for a LONG time. I successfully (and inexorably :) outlasted her just now without doing anything I regret. I can't always say that about Turtle and my interchanges, and so I am thankful. :)
From the kitchen . . .
yummy grass-fed steak from my parents farm for dinner tonight.
Also, I'm happy that I have a stocked kitchen and a planned menu all the way through April 15 (mid-month). Grocery shopping with one's entire family on the weekend can be way nicer than doing it alone with two little ones. :)
I am wearing . . .
a blue polo, khaki skirt and bare feet

I am creating . . .
plans for a little flower bed in the backyard to plant some annuals with the girls. I miss my garden from home SO much. We can't do a vegetable garden here, but I hope to have this flower bed, plus some potted herbs and tomatoes maybe.

I am going . . .
to go exercise in just . . .a . . .minute . . .for real . . .
I am reading . . .
The Temperment God Gave You, by Art & Larraine Bennet. This subject fascinates me, helps me know myself, my husband and kids better and totally explains to me the "whys" of the few sticky relationships that I have with some people. ;)

I am hoping . . .
for a prayerful Holy Week. I'm afraid I'm not quite a very good mother yet as I really struggle with the ramifications of wanting Holy Week to be celebrated a certain way and the truth that it just will not be that way any more. I'm still working on changing my expectations and wishes to meet reality. I change slowly. :)
I am hearing . . .
quiet. Turtle is finally done screaming and demanding my immediate attendance.
Around the house . . .
dirtiness that needs cleaning! It's a good week for cleaning, isn't it?

One of my favorite things . . .
Easter dresses and Easter shoes!
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week:
Spring cleaning, a Seder meal on Wednesday with family, Confession, some sort of time spent at Church on Thurs and Friday :)-- we haven't figured out how that will work out for us and the girls exactly yet -- Egg decorating, Hot Cross Bun baking . . . you know, all that Easter anticipation stuff.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing . . .

I love sleeping baby pictures.

Comments