To My 3 Inch Heels

O 3 inch heels, you looked so good, sitting there amid the other shoes on the rack
smooth and sexy and so very tall,
I couldn't resist your charm
long sought after
and shyly denied
out of previous failures
to fully "own" the look
that un-me breaching of style,
a stepping into the unknown

But like the girls in old movies, graceful in their high black pumps,
arching feet so sleek and dainty,
calves so shapely and slim
I've always wanted to wear you, master you, dance in you
Because I love your curves, your cute rounded toes, your black shine
And now I have you,
bought on sale after years of wishing
you're cute and sexy and I feel oh so hot in you
but when I walk . . .
you rule my feet, making them slow, and sore and precarious
I feel eyes on me pityingly
and me with a little toddler to run after
my bending, or lifting, or running is curtailed by you, O shiny 3 inch heels
And yet, I stubbornly persist, through pinched toes and shaky balance
because, O 3-inch heels,
you just wait
after this long indecision,
I will master you.


Comments

emptee A said…
Ah yes...my downfall and weakness. Only where to wear them...sometimes the grocery store will do. I always try to get such pretty ones but I am afraid years of running around bare foot have left me with ugly toes and wide feet...you'd think a gymnast would be balanced too...alas it is leather steel toed boots but for my days off. Your shoes are beautiful.
Heather said…
Love it! :) And you did look good in them on Sun. :)
Little Things said…
LOL...I think we moms need to take a course in "How to Wear High Heels while Chasing a Toddler, Picking up Toys and Doing Laundry." :)
M. T. said…
Ahh, yes!! Sign me up. :)
Wohooo! You go girl! ;)