Spring Daybook with Pictures



FOR TODAY: March 30, 2009
Outside My Window . . .
blue skies, smiling at me


I am thinking . . .
of a really nice Sunday outing in the sunshine yesterday



I am thankful for . . .
the truth that a move to the city that was and still is very hard, at least enabled my girls to be able to be close to cousins. Aren't these girls cute together?


From the kitchen . . .
fried chicken for dinner tonight. This is my fall-back-behind-the-power-curve-Monday dinner. :) It's so easy and everyone in the family likes it -- which is a very rare thing!!
Here it is in case anyone else is in the "ack, its Monday" mode too. :)
OVEN FRIED CHICKEN
I use boned chicken pieces like thighs and drumsticks since people in my house prefer dark meat to white.
Preheat the oven to 425
Melt a whole stick of butter in a 9X13 pan
Put the following into a baggie and shake: 1/2 c flour, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper
Put each chicken piece into the bag and shake to coat
Place skin side down in the melted butter
Bake 30 min then turn chicken and bake 30 more minutes.
I am wearing . . .
a purple sweater, jeans, and slippers

I am creating . . .
how about I HAVE created ?
A birthday cake!
Turtle turned three last weekend! The cake actually was delicious despite the fact that it stuck to the pans and the icing was too thick to spread on properly. :) Good thing my 3 year old doesn't know enough to care what her cake looked like. She's been telling me all this last week "I am pleased about my Happy Birthday, Mommy." That makes me "pleased" too -- I'm glad she had a good one!

I am going . . .
to be so happy when the warm weather is here to stay. After yesterday's 70* weather, this morning was in the 40s with a cold, cold wind. I'm sick of the winter coats!


I am reading . . .
this magazine -- a friend is letting me borrow the issues she has already read
I am hoping . . .
for God to hear our prayers for a couple special intentions we have. Sometimes its hard to wait on Him, isn't it?

I am hearing . . .
the dryer running and birdsong outside the window mingled with an airplane's noise.
Around the house . . .
the quietness of naptime . . .
One of my favorite things . . .
Cherry trees!


A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week:
grocery shopping and menu planning for the first two weeks of April, some spring cleaning hopefully, Atrium for Turtle -- the last one before Easter

Here is a picture thought I am sharing . . .

Turtle amazes me with her puzzle-doing abilities. Each of these 4 12-pc puzzles are very easy for her already!

Comments

Heather said…
Love the pics. :) You do not know how many times I've used your fried chicken recipe - it is the best! Yay for spring cleaning - I have a list; now, if only I could actually start doing it.
Heather said…
Oh, and we will pray for your intentions too. :) Love you!
Shalon said…
I hate to be stupid, but does boned chicken mean with or without bones? Could you do it with boneless? Skinless?
M. T. said…
Oh, Shalon -- sorry! :) I've always thought of chicken WITH bones as "boned" as opposed to boneless. :) I don't know if you could do boneless chicken because I've never tried -- but if you try I'd definitely not use skinless. This recipe makes the the tastiest butteryest crunchy skin you could wish for (if you do wish for it, like D. does :)
This post makes me so happy :) Where did yall take the girls? It's beautiful! **Thank you** for the chicken recipe! It is a Godsend this week! :)
PS HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TURTLE!!!
Cherry trees is one of your favorite things, huh? I guess you really need to come with all of us on Tuesday then ;-)