Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY: February 23th, 2009
Outside My Window . . .
a baby blue sky
a baby blue sky
I am thinking . . .
about Lent coming up! I am realizing that I need to think about what this season will bring for me.
about Lent coming up! I am realizing that I need to think about what this season will bring for me.
I am thankful for . . .
a peaceful day. Turtle has been sick and she is SUCH a sweetie when she is! Now that the vomiting is over I'm kind of glad to have a day off from restless activeness and tantrums.
From the kitchen . . .
fried chicken and sweet potatoes for dinner
fried chicken and sweet potatoes for dinner
I am wearing . . .
pinstriped pants, a rose shirt layered under a purple one and slippers
I am creating . . .
Lenten resolutions. Let's hope I can do this!
Lenten resolutions. Let's hope I can do this!
I am going . . .
to go snuggle with my girls who just woke up . . .
to go snuggle with my girls who just woke up . . .
I am reading . . .
Glory and the Lightning, by Taylor Caldwell, still.
Glory and the Lightning, by Taylor Caldwell, still.
I'm also reading The Child in the Family, by Maria Montessori
I am hoping . . .
that Rosebud doesn't get the stomach bug
that Rosebud doesn't get the stomach bug
I am hearing . . .
Rosebud waking up crabby . . . *sigh*
Around the house . . .
Laundry baskets full of clothes waiting to be washed. . . a dirty kitchen floor that didn't get mopped today . . . two clean girls that did get bathed and haircuts though!
One of my favorite things . . .
the sunlight slanting in the windows during the quiet of naptime
the sunlight slanting in the windows during the quiet of naptime
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week:
still in the works . . . Ashes on Wednesday, of course and Atrium for Turtle on Thursday is always a constant
Here is a picture thought I am sharing . . .
My daughter is in love with my 15 year old brother. It's so sweet!
Comments