Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY: February 9th, 2009

Outside My Window . . .
A sunny, warm day! Ah, Spring will come soon . . .

I am thinking . . .
about how awesome it would be to go away for Valentine's Day weekend with my husband. We never have left our kids overnight before and I can't wait for the day that we can . . . One can always dream, eh?

I am thankful for . . .
a wonderful spaghetti dinner when my family visited us last night.

From the kitchen . . .
Curried chicken and rice for dinner tonight

I am wearing . . .
khaki corduroys and a gray sweatshirt with red letters spelling AUSTRIA across the front. My husband bought it for me when we were there five years ago (then we were just dating). It's my favorite sweatshirt.

I am creating . . .
an exercise plan for the coming warmer months. I stepped on my scale today and I am growing in an undesired direction and need to stop. :)
I am going . . .
to try to stop envying other people's fashionable and varied wardrobes . . . :)

I am reading . . .
Glory and the Lightning, by Taylor Caldwell. It's about Pericles, the ruler of Athens (Yep, I'm a history person.)

I am hoping . . .
that my dad's new business venture succeeds. The poor, dear, persevering man needs a break.

I am hearing . . .
the hum of the fax machine and beyond that, blessed silence
Around the house . . .
Laundry baskets full of clothes waiting to be washed. Monday is my laundry day, have you noticed a trend?

One of my favorite things . . .
Oh, looky! No fighting!

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week:
a trip to the library, some walks in the nice weather, Atrium for Turtle, a spa party on Friday to see my aunt's new products that she sells, oh yes . . . then Valentine's Day . . . which I have definite mixed feelings about . . .

Here is a picture thought I am sharing . . .

Prime Bear and Turtle's Tea Party

Comments

Elizabeth said…
I am with you on the wardrobes! What a sweet picture of the teaparty!
Heather said…
If it makes you feel any better, I'm envious of your wardrobe half the time! :) And you do read such interesting books, but how you stumble upon them is beyond me.
one muse more said…
I'm with you too. I'm here in the land of leather and fun crazy clothes on a grad student's budget. It's like sticking a diabetic with a sweet tooth into a candy store. :)
Little Things said…
Your girls are so beautiful! I love the pictures.
M. T. said…
I'm glad I'm not the only one. ;)

Heather, you are totally one of those "people with fashionable and varied wardrobes" to me! ;)