A New Year, A New Daybook




FOR TODAY January 6th 2009


Outside My Window...bare gray branches against a gray, gray sky. It has been raining all last night.


I am thinking...
of new schedules, new goals for a new year


I am thankful for...cosy evenings under a down blanket on the couch with my best friend, watching a movie, eating dinner, or best of all, just talking in the glow of the Christmas tree


From the kitchen...
there are still TONS of Christmas cookies left over -- snickerdoodles, ginger snaps, chocolate chip walnut cookies, pumpkin cookies . . . . Oh my goodness. I think I'm going to throw some away!


I am wearing...
gray sweatpants, a tee-shirt from our honeymoon in the Rocky Mountains and slippers.


I am creating...plans to organize my hall closet-- it's a wreck right now.


I am going...
to make Mother's Rule of Life (http://www.mothersruleoflife.com/) for myself this year. I have been trying to find the time and the motivation to do this for months. Now that 2009 is here, it seems like a good time.


I am reading...
The Apostolate of Holy Motherhood, still.
Also, I've been re-reading a bit of The Historic Reality of Christian Culture: A Way to the Renewal of Human Life a work by Christopher Dawson, which I read in college. His view of our culture today and his warnings, yet at the same time, his hopeful optimism, is wonderful and inspiring to read.

I am hoping...
that today is as good a day as yesterday. Good days have been sparse recently. Rosebud is teething and Turtle is in a funk of angry and sullen rebellion against everything I say from "It's time for nap" to "Would you like to eat lunch?" Nothing is good enough for her these days. Oh, and Christmas toys have lost their ability to entertain for hours. :)


I am hearing...Rosebud flipping through books, Turtle clicking pens in and out and intermittently singing "Over in the Meadow"


Around the house...
Christmas is still here. I can never bear to take down the decorations before the middle of January. I think the girls will be sad to do it too. They work with the nativity scene every day, and Baby Jesus is kissed every day. Our tree is very dry, but it'll last a bit longer.


One of my favorite things...
Rosebud's cute face as she "kisses" and say "Ss-ss" (Jesus)


A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week:
Atrium starts up again on Thursday for Turtle. My mom's birthday is in a week, so we might visit my family this weekend. . . . Other than that, no plans.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Where you can find Rosebud the majority of the day. She's such a little bookworm, reading on her own, constantly bringing you books to read to her. . . . I love it!

Comments

Heather said…
Oh, I'm glad these are back! I missed them. Audrey is a bookworm too. :)
Wish we lived closer and could help you eat up the cookies! ;) Sound delicious!

Gracie has taken to books to but will only sit still for the entire thing when Daddy is reading to her (he picked out "Green Eggs and Ham" for her Christmas present; she loves it!).

What books does Rosebud like?
M. T. said…
She loves any books with dogs in them -- like the Big Red Barn. She points to the dog, raises her little eyebrows and goes "Ah, Ah" is a high, "arfing" way. So cute!
She also likes Ten Little Lady bugs, and this one called Babies on the Go, by Linda Ashman -- its about baby animals. :)
emptee A said…
I can't believe how big #2 is getting! How time flies!