Making Music
Music turned out to be sort of the theme of Rosebud's Christmas presents from Mommy and Daddy this year. So now, she and Turtle have a "basket of music" on their work shelves!
I had originally wanted to get this set, (http://www.atoygarden.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1396) but decided against it as it was pricey and probably not all the instruments were appropriate for a 12 month old. (Rosebud is not quite reliably past the age where everything goes in her mouth.)
The wooden drum I got for $18 from Montessori Services (http://www.montessoriservices.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=101_160_4141&zenid=ad49d35519e77553f5f633b04f70c601). It is already missing one of its drumsticks unfortunately, but it is Turtle's favorite. She likes to play it and sing Little Drummer Boy.
The jingle bells were $4 at Pier One in the stocking stuffer area -- where I made a special trip to get them after I saw them and loved them at a friend's house. :)
The seed rattler was a happy find for mere pennies at our Church's bazaar and makes the most lovely sound -- it even fascinates me! :) The wooden xylophone I also found at the same bazaar and though it was missing a stick, the drumstick doubles easily for playing it. I love it's soft low hollow sound, much gentler on the ear than the metal ones.
Rosebud chooses this work frequently, and is quite proficent at playing her little songs. Sometimes she varies things by running the seed rattler up and down the xylophone, which sounds lovely too. :)
I had originally wanted to get this set, (http://www.atoygarden.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1396) but decided against it as it was pricey and probably not all the instruments were appropriate for a 12 month old. (Rosebud is not quite reliably past the age where everything goes in her mouth.)
The wooden drum I got for $18 from Montessori Services (http://www.montessoriservices.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=101_160_4141&zenid=ad49d35519e77553f5f633b04f70c601). It is already missing one of its drumsticks unfortunately, but it is Turtle's favorite. She likes to play it and sing Little Drummer Boy.
The jingle bells were $4 at Pier One in the stocking stuffer area -- where I made a special trip to get them after I saw them and loved them at a friend's house. :)
Comments