Let's Make a Deal

Why does Christmas STILL seem to sneak up on you even though you have 4 weeks of Advent!

I could use a quick prayer to get this all together!
I've been sick off and on for 5 days, and last night, just as I am feeling all the way better, Rosebud comes down with a fever. The poor baby is so sweet when she's sick, but still . . .
I've got no food in the fridge, family Christmas Eve and Christmas morning meals to plan and shop for (oh horrors! I have to venture out again!) , Christmas dinner potluck dish to make, Xmas cards to finish, all presents to wrap and 6 dirty loads of laundry to wash,my kitchen is the dirtiest it has been so I can't even think in it -- yes, my husband was so good as to cook every meal while I was sick, but he doesn't really clean ever . . . .:)

I'm sure everyone else out there is swamped too! Lets all say a prayer for each other, okay? Good deal? :)

Comments

Elizabeth said…
I know! I am sorry you have been sick! It's my first Christmas as a Mommy and having responsibilities for stuff (since last year we were on the plane to TX on Christmas). I guess we Just have to remember it's nowabout us,right? Sorry though and we'll be praying for you. I guess this means you cannot come tomorrow? :(
Elizabeth said…
that was supposed to be "not about us" not now about us :)
M. T. said…
:( Probably not. Unless Rosebud is better, then of course I would escape all this madness for friends! :)
emptee A said…
And you made the time to decorate even when you're feeling so poorly. God bless you. Please feel better.
Oh dearie, I am so sorry! I feel your pain. Will keep yall in my prayers! And remember, it really is ok not to get ev.er.y.thing done you had originally planned :) It's no fun when you can't slow down enough to enjoy it ;)
M. T. said…
emptee, I am feeling better now, thank goodness :)
Laura, thank you! my list is down to the bare essentials. I want to be done today so that I can enjoy tomorrow, especially. I love Christmas Eve more than Christmas day. :)
Heather said…
I love Christmas Eve more too! It's the height of anticipation - it's the best. ;)