A Christmas Tour

because I just love the way the house looks at Christmas! I love the lights and our tree and every ornament.
It's my favorite time of year and taking pictures helps me savor everything.

Midnight, December 25 and Mommy and Daddy's handiwork was finally finished!


I love this tree skirt from my great aunt.


"Baby's First Christmas ornaments" were always very important and treasured in my family. Here's Rosebud's, for 2008:

Here's Turtle's for 2006:
My mother gave us this ornament two years ago, saying that every Christmas tree should have an apple, to remind us of Adam and Eve and the Sin that gave us Christmas.

The only bell on our tree. Growing up I loved to hang the bells, delighting in their delicate ringing.


The Holy Family has a prominent place on the tree.




A long time ago, I made this following styrofoam ornament for my dear Grammy. (http://thegreatestgiftsofgod.blogspot.com/2008/02/i-love-you.html)

On it is inscribed, in her fine script, my name and the year. I was five years old.

On Christmas morning I opened a package from my aunt to find the ornament enclosed with the following note:

Every year when we decorated our tree, Grammy would lovingly put your ornament in a special place. She always said "Someday I want M. to have this back to share with her little ones." She knew that you loved her as she had a special place in her heart for you.

It is like a Christmas present from my Grammy. I will treasure it always.

For all my family, this season is tinged with sadness. It's our first Christmas without her.

Comments

Your home is so lovely - warm and inviting! :) I love the stories about your fav Christmas ornaments!