Thanksgiving Weekend Observations

Not having to cook dinner for four whole nights is amazing!

Seeing the proud grin of my 13-year-old brother who shot his first deer on the last day of rifle season made me proud too.

Missing a husband for two days and nights is very much mitigated by extra time with family!

I want to get back into knitting -- I remembered that I like it while knitting with my 10-year old sister this weekend -- she reminded me how to pearl and gave me one of her crochet needles so I can learn to do that sometime soon.

Whispering with another girl in the dark before going to sleep is so familiar and yet so strange to me now. It used to be an ordinary daily happening and now its such a cosy treat.

The moment I want to savor most was waking up in my old room with my sister sleeping in the other bed, and looking out the window at the winter sky with bare tree limbs etched against the orange sunrise.

I miss driving on unmarked rolling country roads with no one else on them!

In other thoughts: my family is completely odd sometimes!
Grandpa brought out a mouse skeleton to show everyone, Grandma agonized unnecessarily over place settings, government conspiracy theories were bandied around, discussion topics included priests, cigarettes and hairy men, the boys showed off their target practice home videos, quoted Brian Reagan every other sentence, and hunted obsessively all weekend, my parents were occupied by following minute instructions for liver cleansing involving fasting and laying flat on their backs . . . .

It was awesome! :)

Comments

Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family! :) Bet your girlies loved it!