Long Time Coming
. . . this new work was for poor Turtle!
I have had the materials for a long time, just never got around to putting it together. It's so simple -- just sparkly stickers on wooden craft hearts popped into a cute wooden box.
And, just for my Turtle, the stickers are of trains!
She knows all the names of the different kind of cars -- tanker, boxcar, cattle car, caboose, gondola car, hopper car, tender -- from her favorite book called Freight Train, by Donald Crews, so she's having a great time with this Matching work.
Another work I've been planning forever is this "wiping work" as Turtle is calling it.
I've tried to have Turtle move towards independance with meal clean-up (my worst job!) for a while. I was originally looking for a standing make-up mirror but didn't want to pay $7 for one at CVS, so when I saw this little hand mirror for $2, I knew it would work great!
She wets the little cloth and wipes up, looking in the mirror to check that her face is clean. When the cloth gets dirty, she can throw it in my rag bucket and get herself a fresh one.
I love it, and she does too!
I have had the materials for a long time, just never got around to putting it together. It's so simple -- just sparkly stickers on wooden craft hearts popped into a cute wooden box.
And, just for my Turtle, the stickers are of trains!
She knows all the names of the different kind of cars -- tanker, boxcar, cattle car, caboose, gondola car, hopper car, tender -- from her favorite book called Freight Train, by Donald Crews, so she's having a great time with this Matching work.
I've tried to have Turtle move towards independance with meal clean-up (my worst job!) for a while. I was originally looking for a standing make-up mirror but didn't want to pay $7 for one at CVS, so when I saw this little hand mirror for $2, I knew it would work great!
I love it, and she does too!
Comments