Simple Woman's Daybook


from http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY October 27th 2008
Outside My Window...
Clouds and wind and an orange tree.

I am thinking ...
of this book:
Remember it? The little house gets sadder and sadder as the buildings and roads and gray-ness surround it. The window-eyes sag and the colors fade. It can no longer see the seasons change and the stars in the sky. I always felt so sad for this little house growing up.
Now I know how it felt.

I am thankful for...
a slow dance with my dear husband in the dark to one of "our" songs.
We had a long hard week and I've missed him.

From the kitchen...
a empty brownie pan. :)
I am wearing...
jamies and clogs. (I'm always tempted to dress extra nice on Mondays so I can "look good" on the internet. And then I laugh at myself. Whatever!)
I am creating...
a costume for Turtle. She's going to be Dorothy and I bought the fabric and pattern to sew a costume for her for about $20. I'm excited because it is going to be SO cute plus I love to sew and I haven't for about 6 mos.
Oh, and I found some used red shoes for $2!
Not sparkly ones, but that way they can be more multi-purpose. :)
I am going...
to Petsmart today to get some bedding for the "freakin' hamster." She smells. Darn thing is making me make a special trip out.
I am reading...
The Apostolate of Holy Motherhood.
I am hoping...
that my husband and I get to go on a date tomorrow night!
Okay, yeah, so it'll probably be to a hockey game, which isn't my idea of romantic, but he will be SO excited and yelling till he's hoarse, which is very entertaining to me. :)
I'm happy when he's happy!
I am hearing...
Preschool Power -- Turtle is obsessed with it.
Around the house...
5 loads of laundry to do, diapers to fold, dishwasher to empty, bathroom to clean . . . *SIGH*
One of my favorite things...
the star-shaped yellow leaves carpeting our front yard.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
work for me, Atrium for Turtle, a hockey game (maybe!), Halloween celebrating, a wedding this weekend . . . Oh, and I am FINALLY getting my haircut!
Here is a picture thought I am sharing . . .

These are the Mommy/Daddy pumpkin, the Turtle pumpkin, and the Rosebud pumpkin. But, as of today, the squirrels have made off with the little one and put chew holes in the others. :(

Comments

Jen said…
My daughter was Dorthy last year. I made the dress and she still wears it.
HDMac said…
Oh... I think I can identify with "The Little House."
Little Things said…
I am so glad you had slow dance! Those are so important on busy weeks! :)
Mary said…
Rosebud is going to be a clown -- courtesy of her great uncle. :)
Heather said…
I loved that book!
Maggie Ann said…
How special..to sew the 'Dorothy' costume. You make it sound like so much fun. I'd like to sew again but my sewing table is prisoner to clutter! Have a nice day...I've enjoyed reading your daybook.