A New Addition to the Family

(It's not a baby.)

It's a hamster.

You'll never guess what Turtle named it.

It's terrible.

Her name is "Freaking Hamster."

No matter how much I protest: "Her name is Scratchy!"

"Scratchy" is not sticking. "Freaking" is.

Driving to the pet store, Mommy was complaining, um, I mean, noting how it would be another little creature to care for -- change her wood chips, feed her (1 tsp of chopped greens every day, 1 tsp of chopped fruit twice a week as well as a pinch of oatmeal, plus regular hamster food -- c'mon, didn't you all know that?), give her clean water, supervise holding sessions, and heaven forbid she ever gets out!

Anyways, Daddy, whose idea this whole thing was, and who practically loves the cute little thing, says: "ITS ONLY A FREAKING HAMSTER!"

And then the little voice from the back of the car says, "It's a freaking hamster, Mommy! We are getting a freaking hamster."

Clear as a bell she says it too . . .

Oh dear.

I guess it is really funny though . . . :)

Comments

Heather said…
I read this aloud to Mike - we are both laughing so hard right now. ;) I can't believe you actually got one! :) Audrey doesn't know it yet, but she's excited to meet "Freaking" hamster.
xjorfbThat's halarious! Yall are making some great family memories together (remember that as you clean out its cage ;)
Elizabeth said…
Ha! You are a good Mommy (and wife) for getting one.:)
Alaina said…
Ha ha!!! That's so funny. We have a turtle and it almost never leaves the tank lest Kenny chase it with a wooden spoon.
Little Things said…
LOL!!!! This story just made my whole day! Congratulations though, on the new addition. :)
emptee A said…
Don't you think it's interesting how husbands think that something "small" as the chores associated with a hamster to be ridiculously trivial...try walking in the shoes of a mother...that's time taken away from your time to sit for a second! I bought two plants and well you'd think watering them wouldn't be bad.....they're dying. Life comes at you fast...sometimes there just isn't time. God bless you for your flexibility.
one muse more said…
I am laughing my head off in the university computer lab - yay for Freaking Hamsters!!!! Oh, that just made my week. :)
Mama Manak said…
This is SO adorable! I love it when my kids make me laugh...