How a Little Mind Works
Turtle is handling my cell-phone. She turns to me and says seriously, " You phone might hurt my brain."
( I had told her this before. I don't let her touch my phone because of information like this: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/08/26/cell-phone-dangers-what-they-don-t-want-you-to-see.aspx)
Me: "Yes, it might."
Turtle, pointing to the top of her head: "Up here?"
Me: "Yes, your brains are . . . um . . . under your hair, or hmm . . . inside your head."
Turtle, after processing this for a minute: "We don't wanna open my head. It wull be broken and I wull have glass in my hair . . . . Oh! There's glass in my head! And there's glass in Baby [Rosebud's] head too!
Me, reassuring: "No, there's no glass in your head, just brains. And we won't open it or break it."
Turtle, nodding, satisfied: "It's closed. My brains is closed. AND, its werwy, werwy LOCKED."
Good thing, child, good thing.
( I had told her this before. I don't let her touch my phone because of information like this: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/08/26/cell-phone-dangers-what-they-don-t-want-you-to-see.aspx)
Me: "Yes, it might."
Turtle, pointing to the top of her head: "Up here?"
Me: "Yes, your brains are . . . um . . . under your hair, or hmm . . . inside your head."
Turtle, after processing this for a minute: "We don't wanna open my head. It wull be broken and I wull have glass in my hair . . . . Oh! There's glass in my head! And there's glass in Baby [Rosebud's] head too!
Me, reassuring: "No, there's no glass in your head, just brains. And we won't open it or break it."
Turtle, nodding, satisfied: "It's closed. My brains is closed. AND, its werwy, werwy LOCKED."
Good thing, child, good thing.
Comments