Simple Woman's Daybook



from http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/


FOR TODAY September 30th 2008


Outside My Window...
Birdsong. I love the way it increases in the spring and fall.


I am thinking ...

of how I wish I had done this daybook yesterday like I was supposed to. I could've boasted about all the stuff I got done and looked like super-mommy on the internet. :) Oh, well. A mega-productive day like yesterday happens once in a blue moon, so I'll just write a more "normal" daybook. :)

I am thankful for...
The Office. Really. It makes me happy.


From the kitchen...
a mess left over from breakfast.


I am wearing...
those only jeans that fit right, an aqua polo shirt, and flip-flops.


I am creating...
my two-week menu plan. My favorite task (NOT!)


I am going...
to shoot myself if my baby doesn't start sleeping again. She's rejecteing that whole idea and it makes me crazy. Literally.


I am reading...
this article on the essential value of the Practical Life in Montessori education: http://www.montessori.org/story.php?id=58


I am hoping...
that my hair stops falling out sometime soon! Its been purging itself or something for 3 months and I'm sick of it. There is hair all over my floors, in my bed, in our food, in Rosebud's diapers, in the washer and the dryer and the shower . . .you get the idea.


I am hearing...
Turtle is demanding that I sing her a song.

Around the house...

my laundry is ALL washed, dried and put away and it all happened in the same day! It's a mini miracle and it makes me very happy. Other than that, the floor needs sweeping and the dishes need doing. Of course.


One of my favorite things...
when Turtle sings. :)


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
shopping for winter clothes for Turtle, work, scrapbooking, Atrium, grocery shopping . . .


Here is a picture thought I am sharing . . .

Rosebud's almost walking!

Comments

Heather said…
Yay for productive days! And my hair is STILL falling out, so I wish you the best with all that! :) It's really ridiculous.
Ditto on the hair falling out. I mean, sheesh! I'm already 5mo pregnant with the next one, you;d think my hair would be done falling out from the last already! :}

Do you try to do a quiet time since she won't sleep? I do that, where Grace stays in her bed with some toys and Jax plays quietly in his room. It gives me just enough time to recharge, and maybe get a few things done around the house :)
Anonymous said…
Oh, dear. I know what you mean about the baby sleeping. No one under the age of 10 slept through the night last night here. That meant no one around the age of 40 did either (I let the one around the age of 50 sleep--aren't I nice?). This morning I had to take my oldest to the orthodontist. I think I made the office staff nervous because I kept nodding off. They must have thought I was a homeless person come in to escape the heat. lol.

Enjoyed your daybook.

JM
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/homeschoolshelter