Simple Woman's Daybook ~ September 22

FOR TODAY September 22nd 2008

Outside My Window...
could anyone ask for more perfect weather?

I am thinking ...
of how dreadful this morning was:
a crabby toddler who cryed ALL morning (I kid you not), getting lost driving lunch to my husband -- who is working up on a roof (I HATE it when he works on a roof , what can I say, "don't wanna be a widow", maybe?), awful traffic, no parking spaces except very FAR away, changing Turtle's wet clothes in the car, squabbling children in the shopping cart, no luck finding what I needed at the store, fierce homesickness for my country after a glorious day there yesterday . . . *sigh*
Well, at least the morning's over now.

I am thankful for...
From the kitchen...
I just finished soaking a bunch of kefir -- which, by the way, is not that bad. ;)
I am wearing...
my only jeans that fit right (which could probably stand up on their own for how many times in a row I've worn them!), a pink and smoke-colored shirt, ponytail, bare feet

I am creating...
a "smelling work" for Turtle -- I am proud of it and will post pictures later.

I am going...
to eat lunch. It's 3pm . . . finally my lunchtime.
I am reading...
The Closing of the American Mind, by Allan Bloom. Very philosophical. It's tasking my moldering intellectual brain power which has been mostly neglecting since college. Did I really decide to put this kind of effort into a book?

I am hoping...
that this certain horrific person in Prison Break gets her just deserts! :) We are watching the 3rd season now. Why do I love this show so much??
I am hearing...
the dryer, birds chirping, airplanes flying, the freezer humming
Around the house...
silence. The girls are SLEEPING! My favorite time of day!

One of my favorite things...
Rosebud's "shoe socks"!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
babysitting, work, Atrium, an appointment, finding somewhere "country-ish" to spend some time this gorgeous week -- the glorious days are pulling me up and out of this neighborhood -- I can't fully savor them here and its killing me!
Here is a picture thought I am sharing . . .

Let's see, which stick do I devour first?

Comments

Unknown said…
Ah, yes--- I remeber those days of my children debating which stick (or rock) to eat first!

I feel for you- the headache of driving. I hate driving, hate getting lost, hate driving... it's all a big migraine waiting to happen. Hope the rest of your day is much better.
Heather said…
Love this post! And the post you linked to. ;) Can we be part of your "finding something country-ish" to do this week, maybe? :)
Ah. Sounds vaguely familiar.... hate those kind of days! Are those trumpette socks Rosebud is wearing? Gap and a few other places sell tights like that. Too cute!