Food is My Life

All day long, I

prepare food
serve food
serve more food
wipe food off faces
wipe food off chairs
wipe food off tables
wipe food off the floor
sweep up food
prepare more food
clean up from food
wash dishes covered with food
launder foody washclothes and bibs and clothes
decide which food to buy
decide what I will cook with that food
shop for that food
unload food
stock shelves and fridge with food


And the most important food duty of all:

I am the Food Policewoman!
"Have you been eating enough vegetables?"
"No, you may not have macaroni and cheese for breakfast."
"You must eat this carrot before you may have hot dogs." "
The flour is on the same shelf it always is."
"Look on the second shelf down of the fridge on the right in a little glass dish with the gray lid and you will find it. No, no the other second shelf."
"We aren't having noodles tonight, we are having chicken."
"I am saving those eggs for the baby, don't eat them!"
"You must ask for help to pour the syrup!"
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

Food consumes my life.

So is it any surprise that eating any food myself is usually overlooked? After all that food business I feel sure I must have eaten something somewhere in midst of it. Didn't I??

Comments

Heather said…
LOL! Ah, how I can relate! :)
Elizabeth said…
I am looking with dread to those days... :) now I get covered with food, but that's another story. :)
Mary said…
Oh, yeah! I forgot the "I make food 24/7 with my body!" :)
emptee A said…
Ok yes that sounds really frustrating but I'm going to make light....Remember back in the day when we tried to figure out the words to Oliver! The Food Glorious Food song? Ok that part of your post made me smile.