Awkward!

And, I must own, depressing.

I'm meeting a new co-worker for the first time and she asks:

"When are you due?"

Arrggh.

So yeah, I weigh now what I weighed when I was 4 mos pregnant with Turtle, but hey, it's only 10 lbs more than my weight on my wedding day. :)
But its all in my stomach, dang it.

So . . . well . . . I guess I look pregnant.

I felt really bad for the the poor woman, who looked mortified when I said "I'm actually not."
I certainly won't hold it against her, but if I were her I would never feel quite comfortable around me again. :)

Interesting first day, I will say! :)

Comments

emptee A said…
Well did you like your first day? I hope you like the job.
Elizabeth said…
You do NOT look pregnant!! Sheesh, silly woman she was. Sorry that happened.
Shalon said…
Oh no!! That is the worst. I now carry all of my post-baby weight in my stomach and I fear I am doomed to always look pregnant even if I'm not. I am sure you do not look pregnant! People are so stupid.