Simple Woman's Daybook ~ August 4


FOR TODAY August 4, 2008

Outside My Window...
puffy white clouds in a pale blue sky -- it's a lovely day!

I am thinking...
of the annoyance of knowing that I'm gonna have to walk to a strange neighbor's house and ask to go in their back yard to get the blow-up baby pool that blew over our fence. Rats.

I am thankful for...
a morning spent swinging on the hammock and laughing with Turtle, putting aside cleaning the kitchen and doing the laundry, just being with my sweet daughter.

From the kitchen...
my husband made the BEST brownies in the world this past weekend and
there is still half a pan left! :)

I am wearing...
a blue shirt, cute brown shorts and blue "crocs" (not really, pretend ones :)

I am creating...
a TIGHT budget spreadsheet in Excel. Someday we won't have to pinch pennies like this anymore, right?

I am going...
to reheat leftover zucchini lasagna for dinner tonight--oh the luxury of leftovers! :)

I am reading...
nothing right now, but I plan to re-read Joan of Arc, by Mark Twain soon

I am hoping...
that Rosebud will give up "talking" and GO to sleep! She slept for 15 minutes in the car and its looking like no "naptime" for Mommy or baby. At least Turtle is sleeping.

I am hearing...
Rosebud :) -- she's up for real. I think I'll go get her up to play with me.

Around the house...
chores, chores, chores to be done. *Sigh.*

One of my favorite things...
Rosebud's smell in her soft hair on the back of her neck

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Going to the pool tomorrow, I've GOT to mop my floors sometime this century, and I'm hoping for a long phone-talk with my Mom who is home from Chicago after two long weeks. :)


Here is picture thought I am sharing...

She loves this dolly!

Comments

SimplyMe said…
Hope you had fun playing with Rosebud.

Thanks for sharing a peek into your life....it made me smile.