Simple Woman's Daybook ~ August 26

FOR TODAY August 26th 2008
Outside My Window...
it is very overcast. Hoping for rain!
I am thinking ...
of the wonderfulness of feeling better today!
of the wonderfulness of feeling better today!
I am thankful for...
my husband. He relieved me and took the way too energetic and wiggly baby out with him while I laid on the couch, threw up, and cleaned up Turtle's throw up, then laid on the couch some more watching a movie, (which I never do when Turtle is up usually, but desperate times call for desperate measures). He also fended for himself finding some sort of dinner in the fridge with no help from me which he is usually quite incapable of doing. :)
my husband. He relieved me and took the way too energetic and wiggly baby out with him while I laid on the couch, threw up, and cleaned up Turtle's throw up, then laid on the couch some more watching a movie, (which I never do when Turtle is up usually, but desperate times call for desperate measures). He also fended for himself finding some sort of dinner in the fridge with no help from me which he is usually quite incapable of doing. :)
From the kitchen...
Scrambled eggs and hot rice cereal for breakfast
Mexican Crockpot Chicken for dinner
I am wearing...
pink polka-dot pajama pants and a blue East/West shirt
I am creating...
that apron still. All that has happened on it is the cutting out of the pattern pieces so far . . .
I am going...
to take a shower this morning, I hope. :) It is so nice to have Turtle be old enough to be unsupervised for 15 minutes while I shower.
to take a shower this morning, I hope. :) It is so nice to have Turtle be old enough to be unsupervised for 15 minutes while I shower.
I am reading...
Joan of Arc, by Mark Twain
I love this book. This book is the reason that my daughter's middle name is Joan.
I am hoping...
to get these sandpaper letters for Turtle sometime soon!
to get these sandpaper letters for Turtle sometime soon!
I am hearing...
Turtle flipping through a photo album
Turtle flipping through a photo album
Around the house...
it is truly amazing how things fall apart when you are sick for a day.
it is truly amazing how things fall apart when you are sick for a day.
One of my favorite things...
watching Rosebud suck her thumb while she sleeps
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
a trip to the pool in this last week before Labor Day, maybe venturing to the library . . .
Comments