Simple Woman's Daybook ~ August 19
FOR TODAY August 19th 2008
Outside My Window...
there are pieces of a privacy fence that my husband acquired from a job, and someday he says he'll put them on the two unfenced sides of our back yard for a fully enclosed play area.
I can't wait!
I am thinking ...
of how grateful I am for my family and a really nice Sunday spent with them!
I am thankful for...
Creamy peanut butter.
From the kitchen...
I came home this weekend from my parents with raspberries, tomatoes -- red and yellow, delicious tart apples, cucumbers and okra! Everything tastes a hundred times better fresh from a garden!
I am wearing...
a white shirt, jeans, black & white striped flip-flops and a pretty blue and white flowered apron.
I am creating...
another pretty apron, this one will be red and white checked with a red bow. I love sewing -- not so much the process, but the results. :)
I am going...
to go to The Container Store this week! But I'm only bringing $25 because I could just buy that whole store. I love containers -- yay for organized closets and rooms!
I am reading...
C.S. Lewis' The Great Divorce and other books from my sidebar
I am hoping...
to summon the will power necessary to make myself plan the dinner menu for the rest of the month. . . TONIGHT. I hate the planning part, but I love knowing what's for dinner and exactly what to get at the grocery store .
I am hearing...
a random radio station being picked up very softly on our computer's speakers. It's usually a Spanish one. It creeps me out to hear voices in my house, when I've forgotten that it happens.
Around the house...
Just two more loads of laundry today! I hope to scrub the shower tonight too.
One of my favorite things...
Long evenings with my husband when the work is slow. :)
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Going to the Pool, The Container Store, ordering some pictures from Snapfish, sewing that apron (I hope!)
Here is a picture thought I am sharing . . .
Ahhh, can we go back???

Comments
I menu plan twice a month actually, before I do my twice a month grocery store trip. :)