Rainy Morning
I was rather discontented with the whole thing at first. After all, in the rain at our old house we could swish through long wet grass in our boots, stomp in deep gravelly, muddy puddles, and walk a short distance to a shallow creekbed and listen to the water that would drip or ripple or rush there. Those are lovely things to do in the rain.
Here in the suburbs there is none of those familiar rainy pastimes.
We wandered about a bit as I was grumpily missing home.
But then the rain began to come down faster and harder and suddenly there was a little river along the curb.
And that sparked a new kind of rain activity. We dropped leaves into the flowing gutter water, watching them disappear down the road. We stood under trees and noticed the difference in the amount of droplets reaching our heads. We ran back and forth along the sidewalk in the rain and felt the pattering on our rain-coated heads. We caught raindrops on our tongues.
I guess it wasn't too bad. :)
And then we came inside and had tea!
Comments