Simple Woman's Daybook ~ August 11th

from http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY August 11th 2008

Outside My Window...
"A little blow is winding" as my little sister used to say. It is a heavenly day. The kind of day that it will be always in Heaven.

I am thinking...
of how I am going outside after I write this Daybook. Why am I even doing this now? :)

I am thankful for...
Birdsong

From the kitchen...
well, nothing of interest today, but we had homemade cherry frozen yogurt last night.
It was amazing.

I am wearing...
My cute brown shorts (again, I know, gosh, I have such a limited wardrobe), a green scoop-necked shirt and sneakers


I am creating...
plans for a grilled salmon dinner tonight as a special treat

I am going...
to be so sad when this perfect weather is over.

I am reading...
C.S. Lewis' The Great Divorce and Taking Charge, a really good child discipline book.

I am hoping...
that my sick Rosebud feels better soon! She has a really awful cold with constantly running and goopy eyes and nose. She was sick with a fever just three weeks ago, so I feel so bad for her. The poor little baby is so sweet and patient about the whole thing. And I must confess that I like how she is more cuddly when she is sick.

I am hearing...
the sound of a lovely breeze, singing birds, screeching cicadas. Amazingly, for the moment there are no other noises --no dumpsters being emptied with earthshaking crashes, no throbbing helicopters, no trucks, no loud music, no lawnmowers . . . whoops, here comes a helicopter flying low over the neighborhood as I type.
Well, that's how it is around here.

Around the house...
hmmm, I need to pick up some toys I see. And today is my laundry day. Though usually it runs over into Tuesday and Wednesday too. :)

One of my favorite things...
the feel of a soft cool breeze lifting my hair.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
I really haven't gotten that far!


Here are some picture thoughts I am sharing . . .


Cherry Frozen Yogurt!

Comments

Heather said…
Yummy - was the yogurt from the leftover picked cherries?