Simple Woman's Daybook ~ July 28th





FOR TODAY July 28th


Outside My Window...
seven power lines. (I am trying to choose to like my view, I promise!)


I am thinking...
of my sister in Texas,
finishing up the first third of her AMA Primary Training and coming home soon!


I am thankful for...
naptimes. Oh, how I love naptimes on days such as today, in which the girls in this house cried at least sixteen different times and the mother in this house at least twice!


From the kitchen...
warm banana bread

I am wearing...
gray sweatpants and a blue T-shirt from my dear college.
Hey, at least I have earrings on, which is a rarity. :)


I am creating...
should I lie and make something up? No energy for creating right now.

I am going...
to eat lunch in utter silence and read my book. Yes!


I am reading...
Brighton Rock, by Graham Greene. I like it much better the second time around, but I'm still thinking it's my least favorite of his so far.


I am hoping...
for the grace to see clearly what we must do in our situation now


I am hearing...
the hum of the fax machine


Around the house...
my bed is unmade, my dishes are unwashed, my floor is unswept, but there is a loaf of banana bread cooling on the counter and I have finally washed and dried that load of diapers.
One of my favorite things...
shaving with a brand-new razor head :)

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week:
Going to the grocery store, grilling some steak kabobs, cleaning this dirty house and maybe going mass once or twice? (My goals are rather modest these days)


Here is picture thought I am sharing...

I found my wedding rehearsal "bouquet" while packing in May. I took this picture for posterity and then threw it away.

Comments

KarenW said…
Love your honesty! My bed is unmade too. I don't think I'll bother now.
Thia said…
Another unmade bed here...
What is this quiet you spoke of? It's been so long since I've heard it...lol.
Lovely daybook.