Simple Woman's Daybook ~ July 21
I am loving this daybook from http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/ and have enjoyed reading it at other's blogs, including my friend Laura's http://sweethomealabama22.blogspot.com/2008/06/simple-womans-daybook.html. Here is my first one!FOR TODAY July 21st 2008
Outside My Window...
the gray roofs of two other closeby houses. This is so different for me. And a little sad.
I am thinking...
of my garden left behind at our dear little house -- oregano, sage, sugar snap peas, baby lettuce and spinach, beets and carrots, planted with care in the warm wet dirt. They were growing beautifully when I left them.
I am thankful for...
a sleeping baby, resting now after struggling through the sickest day of her little life so far.
From the kitchen...
I am going to soak raw milk and flour in my sourdough starter for tomorrow morning's blueberry sourdough pancakes.
I am wearing...
jean shorts, a brown shirt, bare feet (can I make something exciting up? :)
I am creating...
a shell-stringing work for Turtle -- I collected many little shells with holes 2 months ago at the beach for her to string into a necklace.
I am going...
to paint my toenails!
I am reading...
a Vanity Fair expose on Monsanto
to go to Mass tomorrow.
I am hearing...
cicadas ~ if I close my eyes I can almost pretend I'm walking in the dusk at my parent's house in the country
Around the house...
there is quiet. Turtle and Daddy are at the park for softball practice and Rosebud is finally sleeping.
One of my favorite things...
One of my favorite things...
a child's sweet sleepy face and voice after a long nap
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
a trip to the park, a car inspection, a softball game, and hopefully, baking some zucchini bread!
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Comments