All before 7am

A tousle-headed child stumbles smiling sleepily into our room.
Flip-flops are immediately put on.
Breakfast is requested three different times.
The bedside lamp nearly falls and breaks from vigorous cord-messing-with.
Daddy's blackberry thinks it is being told (by child) to "CALL THOMAS?"
Daddy's wallet is disassembled. Business and credit cards everywhere.
A business card is placed in the refrigerator.
A bright-eyed baby's morning talking noises turn to shrieks of anger at the mother who cannot produce the morning meal at a nano-second's notice.
Egg yolk-laced spit up is cleaned up off of baby and baby's bed.
There are also baby shrieks of happy talking. Quite a lot of them.
Child gets angry at baby for piercing her and everyone else's eardrums and adds yells of her own.
A fight is fought (and subsequently mitigated) over who should have daddy's belt to buckle/play with/bite on.
A bitty little baby finger is closed in the bathroom door for several seconds.

And Good morning to you too!

Comments

Heather said…
Whew! And after that, I think it's time to go back to bed. :) What a "day!" I especially like the part where the Blackberry thinks it should call Thomas. That is hilarious.
Little Things said…
I agree with Heather! Those are the mornings when you just to rewind and try to start over again. I hope the rest of the day got a little better.