Excuses, Excuses
Turtle is a genius for excuses at bedtime. Yes, even at the tender age of 25 mos.
I hear desperately calling from her crib "Mommy, MOMMY!"
When I come in and she has a number of different little "go-to" excuses.
"NO blankie!" -- handing me her blanket
"PURPLE bottle!" -- handing me her blue bottle
"No bottle!" -- when she doesn't want the offending thing in her bed
"Button this!"
"No light off!"
"No fan on!"
"No socks on!"
"Needa rem-ee" (homeopathic remedy)
"Wanna wake up!"
"Put dis BACK!" -- nothing may be left on the floor of her room
And the one that always gets a quick response: "Need-a hav-a go POTTY!"
Today, I got a new one that beat all the others in creativity:
"Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, MOMMY!!
"Yes?"
"Hav-a hair in-na mouth!"
???
I hear desperately calling from her crib "Mommy, MOMMY!"
When I come in and she has a number of different little "go-to" excuses.
"NO blankie!" -- handing me her blanket
"PURPLE bottle!" -- handing me her blue bottle
"No bottle!" -- when she doesn't want the offending thing in her bed
"Button this!"
"No light off!"
"No fan on!"
"No socks on!"
"Needa rem-ee" (homeopathic remedy)
"Wanna wake up!"
"Put dis BACK!" -- nothing may be left on the floor of her room
And the one that always gets a quick response: "Need-a hav-a go POTTY!"
Today, I got a new one that beat all the others in creativity:
"Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, MOMMY!!
"Yes?"
"Hav-a hair in-na mouth!"
???
Comments