Shrove Tuesday
I have been trying to plan my Lenten resolutions today, something I usually do too late, or half-heartedly.
I thought that if I wrote them down here, maybe I would feel more bound to follow through.
I resolve to take 15 minutes of time every morning, before the girls are awake, to pray, make a morning offering, and read a meditation for the day. (I would like to attempt a rosary, said throughout the day while nursing the baby, but perhaps that won't happen. Rosaries are challenging for me to get through with any kind of focus.)
I resolve to give up my favorite foods for Lent. (I know which these are and this will be the hardest, perhaps.)
I resolve to stay off the computer. This does not include checking my email, paying bills, budget sheet upkeep, and placing any necessary orders.
(This one is the only resolution that I will "break" from on Sundays and holy days.)
I think my husband wants to give up watching movies together in the evenings, so darn it, that means I'll have to too . . .
Happy Lent!
I thought that if I wrote them down here, maybe I would feel more bound to follow through.
I resolve to take 15 minutes of time every morning, before the girls are awake, to pray, make a morning offering, and read a meditation for the day. (I would like to attempt a rosary, said throughout the day while nursing the baby, but perhaps that won't happen. Rosaries are challenging for me to get through with any kind of focus.)
I resolve to give up my favorite foods for Lent. (I know which these are and this will be the hardest, perhaps.)
I resolve to stay off the computer. This does not include checking my email, paying bills, budget sheet upkeep, and placing any necessary orders.
(This one is the only resolution that I will "break" from on Sundays and holy days.)
I think my husband wants to give up watching movies together in the evenings, so darn it, that means I'll have to too . . .
Happy Lent!
Comments
Take care dearie!