Grateful

It's been a long day. My husband has been gone since 5:30am and, after a brief 5-6pm stopover at home, is gone again, till maybe 11pm.

So, I was lonely today. But these are some things that made today good.
________________________________________

Dancing to Strauss in the kitchen with Turtle and her teddy bears

A little companion that rolled, walked through and un-raked all the leaves I raked up in the yard

A "ug" (hug) from Turtle, obligingly given when I really needed it

The nice man in Blockbuster who let me have his two free movie rentals

My dear husband NOT shooting a deer this morning (shh! don't tell him!) so that my pregnant-woman-raw-meat-aphobia-ness didn't have to go nuts when globs of hair-covered, practically-pulsing, red-dripping meat were carried into my kitchen and strew all over the counters and sink. Whew.

Comments

AMEN to that last one! Thankfully, James and his bro-in-law take their deer to the shop to be processed into meat :)

How are you feeling? I hear you on the lonely part :( James has been working 12hr days lately. Will have to call you soon! Have a wonderful thanksgiving! ;)
emptee A said…
You truly have such a vocation and a job due so much respect. God bless you.
Little Things said…
I am so sorry you were lonely that day. I wish I had known. Goodness, the deer meat part made me nauseous! :) I can totally understand you being grateful that the deer stayed hidden. Love you!