Potty training queries
Why do I spend hours reading book after book till I'm blue in the face to a little girl on the potty, who though she be cute and chubby, almost NEVER produces the desired results . . . EVER?
Why, after above-mentioned hours and hours, does said cute and chubby girl proceed to have three accidents in one morning, each one 5 minutes after the three potty-sitting-sessions?
Why do I involuntarily say "Uh-Oh" every time she has an accident, causing the poor thing to say "Uh-oh" when she actually DOES it in the potty?
Why this morning did I somehow end up with a mess on the floor of the living room and the bathroom, the seat of the potty, the underwear and the child, and STILL not get anything INTO the potty? And why was the same mess followed immediately by another in the diaper as soon as she got into bed?
Why is a mess in the diaper SO fascinating to my child that one awful week, 4 mornings out of 7, I found that mess spread high and low, on crib rails, on blankets, on bottle and even on face, and ears and legs and jamies? (After which week, the answer to the query of "why the many layers of overnight Huggies and diaper covers and onsies and long pants?" is quite clear. Also the answer to: "why do I lie in bed screwing up my courage to enter my daughter's room every morning?")
All of which questions lead to the question of the century: WHY am I doing this????
Please God! Let me see encouragement . . . some day? Before TOO much more time passes? Who knew I'd be praying on the subject of bodily functions?? But I know You do have charge over such things as well. Amen. From yours truly, feeling saturated with the scent and presence of . . . well, you know what.
Why, after above-mentioned hours and hours, does said cute and chubby girl proceed to have three accidents in one morning, each one 5 minutes after the three potty-sitting-sessions?
Why do I involuntarily say "Uh-Oh" every time she has an accident, causing the poor thing to say "Uh-oh" when she actually DOES it in the potty?
Why this morning did I somehow end up with a mess on the floor of the living room and the bathroom, the seat of the potty, the underwear and the child, and STILL not get anything INTO the potty? And why was the same mess followed immediately by another in the diaper as soon as she got into bed?
Why is a mess in the diaper SO fascinating to my child that one awful week, 4 mornings out of 7, I found that mess spread high and low, on crib rails, on blankets, on bottle and even on face, and ears and legs and jamies? (After which week, the answer to the query of "why the many layers of overnight Huggies and diaper covers and onsies and long pants?" is quite clear. Also the answer to: "why do I lie in bed screwing up my courage to enter my daughter's room every morning?")
All of which questions lead to the question of the century: WHY am I doing this????
Please God! Let me see encouragement . . . some day? Before TOO much more time passes? Who knew I'd be praying on the subject of bodily functions?? But I know You do have charge over such things as well. Amen. From yours truly, feeling saturated with the scent and presence of . . . well, you know what.
Comments
Thank you for sharing your blog with me.
*MTE soon to be MTA (I'm stealing your old initials)
You'll get there ;)
::hugs:: and lots of prayers!