Spring Air
Air is like God.
The presence of something so life-giving, elemental, and yet invisible becomes often forgotten or overlooked, and taken for granted.
And yet, air possesses the ability to change so much, to enhance to a point of unbearable beauty the way I see and feel and taste the world around me.
Colors are brighter. Blue is crystal. Green is crisper. Sunshine is cleaner and the warmth of the rays is kinder and more caressing. Breezes are defined and somehow touch me with a precise and urgent loveliness. The breaths I take are fresher, the oxygen fuller, almost sweet in my nose and mouth. The beauty of every blade of grass and swirl of wind and wisp of cloud is crying out with the loveliness of existence and presence. "We exist and we are good."
Air.
Without it we could not live. It "gives" us our existence.
On days like this, when the air is so clean that I can see and feel and taste with greater beauty the world around me, I feel that air is like God. He is unseen, and yet touches me constantly with His presence, filling my body, my home, my world. He exerts a powerful silent influence on everything that He touches and surrounds and permeates and makes it, in itself (and yet, more rightly, in Him) glow with more fullness, more being, more color and more goodness. Existence is good.
Without air we cannot exist.
And without God, we have neither color, nor goodness nor existence.
Nor this joy of the senses that comes with the air of spring.
The presence of something so life-giving, elemental, and yet invisible becomes often forgotten or overlooked, and taken for granted.
And yet, air possesses the ability to change so much, to enhance to a point of unbearable beauty the way I see and feel and taste the world around me.
Colors are brighter. Blue is crystal. Green is crisper. Sunshine is cleaner and the warmth of the rays is kinder and more caressing. Breezes are defined and somehow touch me with a precise and urgent loveliness. The breaths I take are fresher, the oxygen fuller, almost sweet in my nose and mouth. The beauty of every blade of grass and swirl of wind and wisp of cloud is crying out with the loveliness of existence and presence. "We exist and we are good."
Air.
Without it we could not live. It "gives" us our existence.
On days like this, when the air is so clean that I can see and feel and taste with greater beauty the world around me, I feel that air is like God. He is unseen, and yet touches me constantly with His presence, filling my body, my home, my world. He exerts a powerful silent influence on everything that He touches and surrounds and permeates and makes it, in itself (and yet, more rightly, in Him) glow with more fullness, more being, more color and more goodness. Existence is good.
Without air we cannot exist.
And without God, we have neither color, nor goodness nor existence.
Nor this joy of the senses that comes with the air of spring.
Comments